Let’s face it wedding is a very important aspect of life. We have all wished and dreamt of this day .All manner of questions will begin to race through your mind from the moment you said “yes” to your boyfriend or future husband as you gaped at him wide-eyed with a smile stamped across your face (and your heart fluttering). Questions like how can I find a perfect wedding venue? Where can be my perfect wedding venue among others. But dont worry about that anymore just join the passenger seat as we take you around.
You immediately get to know you will need to have a wedding abroad or go local . You might be brought up in Tema community 25 Accra in Ghana , and spent most of your childhood weekends running around the countryside of Sakumono amidst rolling beaches and waves . For these reasons, a Ghanaian wedding with its traditional meal consisting of at least six-courses and fine wines seemed the perfect fit.
Having decided on the region , you now have to find the perfect wedding venue. Everything about the venue needs to be perfect for your wedding.Greater Accra seemed like the most obvious choice (you found a lovely hotel set called Labadi Beach Hotel), but you had your mind set on the stunning Kempinski Hotel also in Accra, which you once visited a couple of years ago.
Now here 5 things a bride consider
1. Estimating how many people you’d like to invite to your big day, since not all places can accommodate a wide variety of wedding sizes. Nearly every venue will have a guest count minimum: “You become sure to aim low in your numbers.
2. Sitting down with your fiancé and figure out how much you are willing to spend. Does her homework and find out what the going rates are in her desired wedding location. Online venue directories, allow you to search by location, price, and venue type, among other criteria. Determining how much you can afford will help you avoid the heartache of falling in love with a place that’s well out of your price range — you don’t want to spend more than 50% of your total wedding budget on your venue.
3. “Checking out wedding planners’ and photographers’ blogs to see real wedding photos of venues you’re interested in visiting. Since they aren’t staged, you’ll get a much better idea of what things can (and really do) look like.
4. Choosing of wedding date. “Wedding dates can be significant for a variety of reasons; some couples choose to wed on the day they met, their parents’ or grandparents’ anniversary date, or for auspicious reasons that numbers have in their culture or religion. Others may pick a specific time of year and season but not a specific day,So you become flexible with your date and choose an off-season month, you’ll often be able to secure the venue of your dreams at a lower rate. For example, you’d likely pay less for a Friday wedding in February than you would for a Saturday in June. Time of year, day of the week, and your engagement length will all impact your negotiating leverage with vendors
5. Booking of dates quickly at preferable venues, you keep calling around to check on date availability before going to see places in person.
The only things that might go wrong would be your wedding dress, initially, and the heat. The heat you think of more as a mishap and something you really wouldn’t control at the time. Your wedding dress if ordered was late and in wrong , so you will had to wait longer to get it in.
You now have found the perfect venue without even looking for one! The idea of having a wedding by the waving beach , warmer temperatures and more affordable prices than the others could not have been more appealing .Above all else, and beside the stress, planning your wedding is satisfying and a raw experience. You find out who is truly there for you, you learn to compromise with your soon-to-be-spouse, and you can watch everything you planned to come together. Although there is something that is bound to go wrong, as a bride you will hardly notice. Because the only thing that matters at the end of the day is that you’re getting married to the love of your life.
Check out some pictures
Your venue is an incredibly important part of your wedding day, so take the time to plan it out and make sure it’s the perfect place for YOU!