Dakota was born on February 23, 1994, in California to Heather Joy (née Marts) and Steven Roy Fanning in Conyers, Georgia, USA. She is of Irish, German, and Native American descent. Fanning made her film debut as the younger version of the title character in I Am Sam as Lucy Dawson. She attended a Montessori School in Covington.
Dakota Fanning received a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination at age eight for that drama series. That nomination made her the youngest nominee in SAG history. She has starred in a variety of films including Uptown Girls (2003), The Cat in the Hat (2003), Man on Fire (2004), War of the Worlds (2005), Dreamer (2005), and Charlotte’s Web (2006).
Her breakout role came with her performance as Julia Roberts’ daughter Hazel Grace Lancaster in the blockbuster hit The Curious Case of Benjamin Button which garnered critical acclaim from critics and audiences alike. She also has been nominated for three Academy Awards for Best Actress for her performances as Mattie Ross in True Grit.
Dakota Fanning career
Many American actors and actresses get their start in the entertainment industry at a young age. Dakota began her career when she was five years old, in 1999. That year, she appeared in a Tide commercial. Ariel Winter has been acting since the age of five, which makes her good at art. Her first main role was in ER, one of her favorite roles.
Dakota Fanning awards
Below are Dakota Fanning awards;
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Best Young Performer-2001.
- Las Vegas Film Critics Society Youth in Film–2002.
- Satellite Awards Outstanding New Talent–2002.
- Chicago Film Critics Association Most Promising Performer–2002.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Actress Age Ten or Under–2002.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a TV Movie, Mini-Series or Special – Leading–200.
- Locarno International Film Festival Best Actress–2005.
- MTV Movie Awards Best Frightened Performance–2005.
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Best Young Actress–2005.
- Saturn Awards Best Performance by a Younger Actor–2006.
- National Association of Theatre Owners (ShoWest Award) Actress of the Year–2006.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film (Comedy or Drama) – Leading Young Actress–2006.
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Favorite Movie Actress–2007.
- Hollywood Film Festival Cast year (Shared with cast)–2009.
- Young Artist Awards Best Performance in a Feature Film (Comedy or Drama) – Leading Young Actress–2009.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival Rising Star Award–2009.
- National Arts Awards Bell Family Foundation Young Artist Award–2013.
Dakota Fanning movies and tv shows
Below are Dakota Fanning movies and tv shows;
- Father Xmas
- I Am Sam
- Sweet Home Alabama
- Hansel and Gretel
- Uptown Girls
- The Cat in the Hat
- Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time
- Man on Fire
- My Neighbor Totoro
- In the Realms of the Unreal
- Hide and Seek
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
- Nine Lives
- War of the Worlds
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Secret Life of Bees
- Coraline Coraline
- Fragments – Winged Creatures
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- The Runaways
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2
- The Motel Life
- Now Is Good
- Night Moves
- The Last of Robin Hood
- Very Good Girls
- Effie Gray
- Every Secret Thing
- The Benefactor
- American Pastoral
- The Escape
- Please Stand By
- Ocean’s 8
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Sweetness in the Belly
Dakota Fanning husband
Dakota Fanning has been linked to her boyfriend, Henry Frye, since October 2017. The two attended sports games together in late 2017 at Madison Square Garden. They have not spoken publicly about their relationship, as neither Fanning nor Frye has said anything about their romance.
Dakota Fanning net worth
Dakota Fanning’s net worth 2021 is estimated to be $12 million. Her source of income is from her career as an actress and model.