These days market offers a variety of Wi-Fi range extenders, each with a unique set of capabilities for users. If you want to buy a Wi-Fi range extender because you have a few dead zones in your house where Wi-Fi range is not available, you should do so since it will solve the issue of suffering dead spots in the household and helps you to stream HD videos and play games with high graphics without any lagging which makes your experience more beautiful.
You are now aware that Netgear has various versions of Wi-Fi extenders, which may cause confusion if you do not know which extender to choose. They all look amazing and are jam-packed with functions, so choosing the correct extender will be challenging. As a result, the safest bet for you would be to go with the type that is extremely popular with customers, namely the Netgear EX6100 Setup.
If you want to buy a Wi-Fi range extender, especially one from Netgear, the EX6100 is the best option. After purchasing the extender, you will feel the need to adjust the device’s wireless settings, which is not a straightforward operation, to be honest.
It contains a few stages that must be completed in the exact sequence that they are presented. After completing those procedures, you will be able to switch to the new wireless options which will allow users to access the internet even in the house’s dead zones.
Here’s how to alter your wireless setup:
1. The very first thing to remember is that your smartphone, tablet, or laptop (whatever you’re using) is linked to the EX6100 wireless network.
2. Next, open your web browser and navigate to mywifiext.net.
3. Users will be prompted to provide your username and password, which are set to ‘admin’ and ‘password’ by default. As a result, when prompted to enter those details, enter the ones I’ve provided.
4. Finally, click ‘setup’ followed by ‘Wireless setup.’
5. Delete the existing SSID and then type the desired new SSID.
Please keep in mind that you have the option of using the same SSID as your main network.
6. Under ‘Security Options,’ select the required security type.
7. Type in a new password.
8. Click the ‘Apply’ button.
Note: Because the connection between the laptop and the previous network has been severed, you will need to utilize a wireless client tool to rejoin to the new wireless network profile.
This is how you may quickly modify the current wireless settings of the EX6100 Wi-Fi range extender. In the event of a problem, you should contact Wi-Fi range extender professionals.
Setup Problems with the Netgear EX6100:
• Mywifiext.net is inaccessible.
• Wi-Fi extender is connected, however there is no internet connection.
• The WiFi range booster is not connecting to the network.
• The wi-fi range extender EX6100 cannot be accessed.
• Inability to upgrade Netgear firmware.
• A problem with MAC address filtering.
• The Wi-Fi extender is not able to connect to the internet.