Student Loan Trust Fund is a public institution established under The Trustee Incorporation Act 1962. It is a governmental organization set up under the Ghana Education Service’s TrustFund mandated to provide equal funding to students from universities across the country.
The broad mission of the agency is not just to provide financial aid to tertiary students but to guarantee a timely intervention for eligible students. The agency has certain requirements that render a student eligible.
How To Apply For Student Loan In Ghana
First of all, the tertiary student must be enrolled in an accredited university in Ghana offering an accredited programme. The student must also possess a Ghana Card, personal email address, and must have registered for an e-zwich card from any bank.
In case you do not have a valid Ghana card, go to any branch of NIA to register for one. You must also be in possession of a student ID Card and admission letter. You should also have an active registered mobile phone number.
The agency has various offices where students can reach them. Accra Poly at The former Rector, UG city campus at SRC office, AUCC at main administration block, Zenith College at SRC office, Kumasi Polytechnic at the old library, UEW(Mampong) at campus security block, UEW(Kumasi) at NUGS office block, Sunyani Poly at Accountancy Department Block D, UNER at SRC office, KNUST at Graduate Students Association of Ghana Block, UDS-Navrongo at Savannah Avenue, UDS-Tamale at ICT Block Ground Room 8, UG at SRC office and UCC at Old Education Office Behind the Assembly block.
Now having acquired all important and needed documents.
- Log on to go the SLTF website at www.sltf.gov.gh.
- Tap on the link on the website to apply for a student loan. Do not panic when you do not complete the application at a go, you can save and continue later.
- Fill the form with all necessary information and then upload a passport size picture of yourself.
- Print out the application form and complete the guarantor’s Deed and student Loan Forms.
- Filling these must be done in Black ink and in Block letters only. At the index and thumbprints of the guarantor( if only he or she is a SNNIT contributor) and yourself at any SSNIT branch where you will be assisted by an officer.
- Submit two original copies of the application forms and add all photocopies of required documents like Ghana Card and admission offer.
- Now submit to any branch of the Student loan trust fund.