How To Prepare Fried Rice In Ghana
Fried rice is one of the first delicious meals that comes to mind whenever you go to a restaurant to find something to eat.
Ghanaian fried rice doesn’t need many vegetables, and it’s nice and very easy to prepare. The preferred rice of choice is usually long-grain rice, which is preferred because it is starchy and slightly sticky.
Fried rice is prepared using the stir-fry method. It is a dish that was designed to use up leftover rice. Find out the ingredients you will need to prepare fried rice and the steps to prepare a very delicious fried rice.
Chicken stock is mostly used in cooking the rice to give it an additional chicken flavor and taste.
Table of Contents
- Long grain rice
- Chicken seasoning powder
- Curry powder
- Chopped Spring onion
- Bell pepper
- Diced Carrots
- Chopped Onions
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
Method Of Preparation
- Cut chicken into desirable sizes, wash and steam with salt, garlic, and seasoning powder.
- Pour chicken stock into a separate saucepan, and set on fire to boil.
- Add more water and pour in the rice to cook.
- When rice is ready, pour it into a bowl to cool down.
- Heat a deep frying pan and add olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and diced carrots to the oil.
- Stir and leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and make a scrambled egg out of it.
- Add the curry powder and stir for some time.
- Leave on the fire for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add your cooked rice and stir.
- Add the spring onion and stir for some time.
- Add the soy sauce according to your desired taste and stir.
- Also, fry your chicken and serve with your fried rice
How To Serve Fried Rice
Fried rice is usually served with a well seasoned fried chicken, vegetable salad, and shito.