We will be talking about some Kumawood Actors and Kumawood movies in this article.
Table of Contents
History about Kumawood
Kumawood is a privately owned movie and awards industry that is based in Kumasi, Ghana. It was founded by Samuel Kwabena Darko, a Ghanaian businessman, and entrepreneur. Kumawood was incorporated as a Limited Liability Company in 2006. The film industry is gradually becoming the most recognizable film industry in Ghana since the Kumawood film industry emerged.
The industry has been lucrative because of its consistency in producing and providing good quality content in the Ghanaian movie space. The language mostly spoken is Akan, subtitle translations are available. Kumawood owns a television platform, Kumawood TV which airs on Multi Tv, and also a Kumawood app that has more than 100,000 installers.
Some of Kumawood’s actors started acting right before the Ghana Theater came into existence. Some of the actors were also into the acting career before the Kumawood film industry was established in 2006. Some of the actors have featured in more than 150 movies hence making their faces so popular. Some of the most popular Kumawood actors are as follows
- Michael Afrane: Michael Afrane is a renowned actor in Ghana, he has been in the film industry for the past 16 years. He is currently a production manager and has featured in countless movies.
- Joseph Osei Kofi: Joseph Nana Osei Kofi, known on the screen as Wayoosi is one of the favorite Kumawood actors. He is a product of the College of Arts at the Cabin in Kumasi but he learned painting as a profession.
- Kwaku Manu: Kwaku Manu is one of the comic actors in the Kumawood industry. He is a product of Tetemofra Production owned by ace actor Alexander Kofi Adu, Kwaku Manu came into the limelight in the year 2010.
- Agya Koo: Kofi Adu popularly known as Agya Koo is a multiple award-winning actor and comedian in Ghana. He was born on 25th May 1969. He originate from the Ashanti region of Ghana and worked as a shoemaker.
- Akrobeto: Akwasi Boadu, popularly known in the movie industry as Akrobeto is one of the versatile actors reigning in the Kumawood Screen. He was born on 18th November 1962 and a native of Ayirebi a suburb of Akim Oda in the Eastern Region.
- Kwaku Killer
- Devils Money
- Asem bi Asi
- Mogya Ye Mogya
- 6 Demons
- Deadly Forest
- Adanfo Bone
- Agya Koo 419