Mpotompoto also known as yam porridge is a very common local Ghanaian dish that is mainly prepared with yam, cocoyam or potatoes.
Mpotompoto is a simple Ghanaian meal with lots of nutrition. If you want another great meal for your children then yam porridge is the best Ghanaian dish you can make for your ward.
Ingredients for mpotompoto
Now let’s dive into the Ingredients needed in preparing our mpotompoto;
- Yam/ cocoyam/ potatoes
- Palm oil
Steps in preparing Mpotompoto
- First, peel your cocoyam, and cut them into small pieces
- The next step is to pour water, pepper, onion, and tomatoes into a clean heated saucepan
- After some minutes add your koobi, herring, and salt then allow it to cook again for at least ten minutes.
- Take out your pepper, onion, and tomato and blend
- Pour into the boiled cocoyam, stir, add your palm oil, salt, and taste.
- Allow boiling for five minutes.
- Allow the cocoyam to soften then serve it