Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships is a scholarship program that offers full scholarships to Hungarian students. The scholarship is sponsored by the Hungarian government and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) in collaboration with the U.S.
Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Embassy Budapest, and the Hungarian Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security.
The scholarship seeks to promote mutual understanding between Hungary and the United States through an academic exchange, with a special focus on promoting economic cooperation between both countries.
Table of Contents
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2023
Host Country: Hungary
Financial Coverage: Fully/Partially funded
Eligibilty Criteria for the Hungaricum Stipendium Scholarship 2023
- You can apply if you are from one of the eligible countries. Check country here
- In order to apply for a bachelor’s degree, you must have a secondary school graduation certificate.
- You should also have excellent academic records.
- The candidate for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree.
- To be eligible for a doctoral degree, candidates should have a master’s degree.
- If you are applying for a non-degree or one-tier program, the sending/home university must issue you a certificate of student status.
- Candidate nominations should be made by the responsible authorities in Sending partner countries.
- You can find detailed information on the eligibility criteria on the Stipendium Hungaricum official website.
Benefits of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships
For non-degree, one-tier, and B.A./M.A. programs:
- HUF 43,700 each month (about EUR 120) for a whole year.
- In addition, the initiative will offer free dormitory or a monthly lodging stipend of 40,000 HUF (it does not cover the full cost of living).
- Medical insurance is available for up to HUF 65,000 (about EUR 180) per person for a full year.
In Hungary for a PhD:
- the HUF 140,000 (about EUR 390) per month during the first four semesters.
- The second phase of four semesters will cost HUF 180,000 per month (about EUR 500) till the end of the program.
- Free housing in dorms or a monthly housing allowance of HUF 40,000 will be offered for the length of the program (it does not cover the full cost of living).
- A 12-month supply of medical insurance up to the value of HUF 65,000 (about EUR 180) is given to each individual.
Documents required for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships
- Online application form.
- National ID card or Passport Copy
- Motivational Letter
- Medical certificate.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Proof of Language proficiency.
- School certificates.
- Portfolio & Audio Portfolio (for Art and Music applicants only)
How to Apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships
- Applications must be submitted online through the Tempus Public Foundation website.
After registering, applicants can access the application system and upload the necessary files.
Visit the website here for comprehensive info: https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/apply/