Universal Merchant Bank (UMB) is a full-service financial institution that specializes in individualized banking products and services.
The bank was founded on March 15, 1972, and it is Ghana’s leading indigenous bank with extensive financial competence.
The bank is able to appropriately handle the financial demands of diverse segments of the market through corporate, private, personal, business, and electronic banking channels.
S.P.E.E.D, an acronym that stands for Speed, Passion, Excellence, Ethics, and Diligence, is the main driving force behind the financial institution’s operations.
The bank has achieved a lot of accomplishments in its more than two decades of business.
The 2020 Improved Bank In Best Use Of Technology at the 10th Ghana Information Technology and Telecom Awards is one of the most notable.
The bank also assisted in the merging of Ashanti Goldfields and Anglogold Ashanti and served as an advisory body in the acquisition of SSB bank by Sociéte Generale.
UMB has around 35 locations in Ghana.
UMB Kumasi branch
The bank has six branches in Kumasi. The following are the locations of these six branches:
- Kumasi Main Branch – No. 1 Rain Tree Avenue Near Golden Tulip Hotel, Ahensan – Kumasi.
- Konongo Branch (Across the Konongo Police Station Sarfo building – Konongo-Kumasi highway).
- Adum Branch (Kama Plaza-Adum)
- Asafo Branch (Behind The Neoplan Station, Asafo)
- Bantama Branch (Bantama High Street, Kumasi)
- UMB Centre for Business (Plot No. 60 Ashanti New Town Road, Latex Foam, Ashtown)