United Airlines has a very simple baggage policy all around so you will not find many surprises here.
Economy fares divided into the basic or full economy, which is important when you think of the carry-on allowance.
The United Airlines baggage policy for regular economy class fares include the following:
- Carry on baggage.
- Free 1 personal item fee.
- 1 carry on the item – fee-free.
- Applicable fee applies to the Checked baggage/ Hold luggage.
- Overweight and Oversized bags – Applicable fees depending on the weight of the bag and size categories.
- Applicable fees allow for the sports equipment.
How do United Airlines work on carry-on baggage policy?
United Airlines allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (laptop, wallet, briefcase) per passenger fee-free. You must make sure these items are within the required measurements so they comfortably fit within the overhead bin or under your seat. Your personal item should not exceed the following size and weight restriction :
PERSONAL – The personal baggage fee-free, And extra baggage take charge over Size baggage charge.
CARRY-ON – 22”*14”*9” Inches (Including handles and wheels)
If your baggage exceeds these measurements your item will be checked to the final destination and charge will apply.
- Comfortable store in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- A Jacket, umbrella, Food or reading books, Duty-free items, Assistive devices like(wheelchair’ s, walkers, stallers,etc.)
Bulkheads seat do not have under-seat storage, therefore all carry-on baggage must store in the overhead bin during the time of take-off and landing.
What is United Airlines checked baggage/ hold luggage policy?
UA standard checked baggage/ hold luggage policy in details:-
- The maximum exterior dimension ( length+width+height) of standard checked baggage is 62 inches or 157 cm (L*W*H)
- 2 bags standard fee apply for economy class.
- The Maximum weight- 50 pounds or 23 kg
Fees for United Airlines (UA) baggage policy:-
United Airlines (UA) standard checked baggage fees for the US domestic flights :
If you carry only one bag the cost of the First bag – $30.00 USD, Cost of the Second bag -$40.00 USD, Cost of the Third bag and any Additional bag – 150 USD Per bag.
Fees for international flights:-
US international for to/ from US flights is generally nothing for the First bag and for the second bag we have to pay- $100 USD. International basic economy checked baggage fees are $60 USD for the first bag and $60 for the Second bag. In this, some route allows to checked bags as standard.
Can I prepay for baggage?
YES, United Airlines allows passengers to pre-pay for luggage online or via the mobile app 24*7. And you can check in from 24 hours before the flight departure. If you any problem with the baggage policy Check-in policy you can contact United Airline Customer Care Number.
What are the United Airlines fee overweight and oversized baggage:-
Those bags which are greater than 50 pounds or 23 kg will be charged by UA:-
- If the bag weight is around 51 to 70 pounds or 24 to 32 kg then the cost will be $100 USD to $200 USD extra per bag.
- If the bag weight is around 71 to 100 pounds or 33 to 46 kg then the cost will be $400 USD per extra bag.
- If the bags exceeding 100 pounds or 46 kg then it will not be accepted as checked baggage or hold luggage.
- UA charged $200 USD for bags which are 160 to 292 cm. And those bags are greater than 292 cm or 192 linear inches which are not accepted by checked baggage.
Do not carry the luggage of Prohibited item:-
These certain items can not carry in the plane the aircraft think they are dangerous:-
- Defense sprays
- Fireworks and Firearms
- Equipment containing fuel
If you any problem in are booking the ticket in first class, business class or economy class, Carry-on baggage and personal items will not be a worry for you just follow the requirements and sure to fit the luggage on required dimensions. You can contact our United Airlines Customer care number.