Looking for motivational Good Deed Quotes to boost your day or brighten up your mood? Then scroll down below to read our collection of 50 most inspiring good deed quotes ever said in history.
Good deed meaning
Good deeds are something we do for others without expecting anything in return. It’s about helping people, animals, and the environment. A good deed is a selfless act of kindness towards someone else. Good deeds can take many forms: feeding someone who is hungry, donating clothes to those who need them, helping an elderly person cross the street, or just listening to someone who has had a bad day. There are many ways to perform good deeds, but here are some guidelines that you should follow.
Good Deed Quotes
Doing good deeds is a great way to increase your own happiness. It’s an easy way to give back without sacrificing too much time or money. In this post, we’ll share some good deeds quotes that can make your friends smile;
- Putting forward your positive energy connects you back to basic human values which we all share. Good Deeds Day shows that no matter the size of the gesture, a smile that brightens someone else’s day, or volunteering in your community, we can all take an active part in making a difference – Shari Arison
The good deed you do today, for a brother or sister in need will come back to you some day, for humanity’s a circle in deed.
- “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” – John Wesley
Every time you do a good deed you shine the light a little farther into the dark. And the thing is, when you’re gone that light is going to keep shining on, pushing the shadows back.
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thinking good thoughts is not enough, doing good deeds is not enough, seeing others follow your good examples is enough.
- “Love is not patronizing and charity isn’t about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same — with charity you give love, so don’t just give money but reach out your hand instead.” – Mother Teresa
- “Every time you do a good deed you shine the light a little farther into the dark. And the thing is, when you’re gone that light is going to keep shining on, pushing the shadows back. ― charles de lint
- “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” – booker T. Washington
A good deed hidden in silence dies.
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “The best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.” ― Ali Ibn Abi Talib A.S
- “When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad and that is my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
There is a sort of gratification in doing good which makes us rejoice in ourselves.
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchill
- “To begin with, I had never done any good deeds; besides, even if I had simply fabricated a few, I would not have enjoyed going on about them.” ― M. Ageyev, Novel with Cocaine
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King
A good deed is like peeing in your pants. Everyone knows you did it, but only you can feel it’s warmth.
- “People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they have not communicated with each other.” – Martin Luther King
According to the Sutras, evil deeds result in hardships and good deeds result in blessings.
- “It is not enough to be compassionate – you must act.” -The Dalai Lama
- “What if — is more complicated than that? What if maybe opposite is true as well? Because, if bad can sometimes come from good actions—? where does it ever say, anywhere, that only bad can come from bad actions? Maybe sometimes — the wrong way is the right way? You can take the wrong path and it still comes out where you want to be? Or, spin it another way, sometimes you can do everything wrong and it still turns out to be right?” ― Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill
It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it.
- “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You were ordered to obey to Allah, and you were created to perform good deeds.”― Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S
- “Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the soul have been freed to fulfill themselves.” – Nelson Mandela
If we have the opportunity to be generous with our hearts, we have no idea of the depth and breadth of love’s reach.– Henry David Thoreau
- “Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is good… Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a better place.” – Pope Francis
- “There are two missions we are obligated to carry out during our life journey. The first, is to seek Truth throughout our lifetime. The second, is simply to be good. Engrave it in your mind that life is just one big board game where you have to make it from start to finish by being good. That is all you have to do. The hardest part, is dealing with all the obstacles that prevent smooth sailing. The trick is, to always strive to be the right person in all situations – regardless of personal cost to you. Your aim is to make sure the right book on your shoulder weighs more that the bad book on the left. The scales are real. Regardless of your chosen faith, there is a measurement system to be found in all of the world’s religions. After all, does it make sense for all souls, good or bad, to end up in the same place? Of course not. To really secure the very best setting in the afterlife, the vibrations of your good deeds must surpass your death.” ― Suzy Kassem
- “You pray for the hungry. Then you feed them. That’s how prayer works.” – Pope Francis
Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly, even if they roll a few stones upon it.– Albert Schweitzer
- “The world tells us to seek success, power and money; God tells us to seek humility, service and love.” – Pope Francis
- “Commit yourself to being a trusted voice of light and truth. Reach back and help somebody and stay committed to being the change you want to see in the world.” ― Germany Kent
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
That best portion of a good man’s life; His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.-William Wordsworth
- “Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can.” – John Wesley
- “The person who does a truly good deed does not remember it as long as does the person for whom it is done. And this is how it ought to be. A truly good deed, by definition, is not done with the expectation of instant return (“I scratched your back, now you scratch mine!”).” ― Valentin Rasputin
- “Because the battle for good does not make the front page news does not mean that there is less of it than what does make the front page news. In fact, we would be wise to understand that in our current cultural climate, its absence speaks to the power of its presence.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
Good deed quotes bible
“If there is a poor man with you, one of your brothers, in any of your towns in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand from your poor brother- Deutronomy 15:7
There is a number of good deeds mentioned in the bible, here are some top quotes on good deeds.
“Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys – Luke 12: 33
And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased – Hebrews 13:16
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven – Mathew 6:1
But give that which is within as charity, and then all things are clean for you – Luke 11:41
Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you – Mathew 5:42
“Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry
And bring the homeless poor into the house;
When you see the naked, to cover him;
And not to hide yourself from your own flesh? – Isaiah 58:7