Applying for a business loan in Ghana is in some way easy and a difficult process. It requires a lot of time, patience, and money. And for this reason, many people hesitate to apply for loans with their own businesses. However, there are some countries where the process of applying for a business loan is easier than others. In this article, we will explore how to apply for a business loan in Ghana 2022.
There are different types of loans that you can apply for as a business owner. You can apply for a personal loan, a line of credit, or even an overdraft facility. Each type has its own benefits and drawbacks. The key to getting the right loan is to understand what you’re looking for and what your options are.
Table of Contents
What is the meaning of a business loan?
A business loan is a type of loan that is used by a company to fund its operations. The main purpose of a business loan is to help the company grow and develop on a larger scale.
The meaning of a business loan can be different for every single company. For some, it could be the opportunity to expand their product or service line, while for others it could be the chance to purchase new equipment or even just increase inventory levels.
Top 20 Business Loan Companies In Ghana
Below is a list of the top 20 companies that give business loans in Ghana;
- Ghana Commercial Bank Ltd. GCB Bank Accra
- Bank Ecobank Ghana
- Bank of Ghana (Head Office)
- Electronic Gateway consult
- First Havila Investment Group Limited
- Franco Estate Kwabenya, Accra
- Access Bank (Head Office)
- Bailey Finance
- Broadview Consult ltd
- Micro Finance Service
- UT Bank Gh. Ltd.
- Kruger Financial Loan Services
- Stanford trust
- First Allied Savings & Loans Ltd
- GT Bank Ghana
- Sinapi Aba Savings and Loans Company Limited
- Stable Capital Ltd
- UT Bank Limited
- Express Savings & Loans Co. Ltd.
- Izwe savings and loan
Business Loans In Ghana Requirements
What are the requirements for a business loan in Ghana? Below are the requirements a business owner or anyone who need a business loan from any of the business companies in Ghana should have;
- One passport photo
- Residential address and business address
- National ID card or passport for non-Ghanaian
- Certificate of business registration
- Business registration documents
- Six months’ statements from another bank
- Proof of ownership
- Financial statements and cash flows of three years
- Accepted collateral includes; cash or investments, landed property, and Bank Guarantee of a reputable bank
- Your business plan
How To Apply For A Business Loan In Ghana 2022
In applying for a business loan in Ghana you need to follow the steps below;
- First select the loan company you wish to apply the loan from
- Then go online if they have a website and apply. You can also visit the nearest office of the company for the form to fill
- Pick the form and fill it with the correct informations
- Add your documents then submit to the office for approval and allocation of money