Workout is very important to keep the body active and healthy all the time. When you hear workout what first comes into your mind is an exercise that one does to improve ones fitness.
Before and after workout, there are certain foods you must avoid or include in your diet in other to make your exercise yield result.
In this article, Xorlali.com has made available some of these wonderful tips on foods to eat before and after workout. Just relax, read through and apply and also wait patiently for the mind blowing results you will get.
Table of Contents
What should we eat before and after a workout?
The human body is like a car, before you can be able to start the machine it has to be fueled up. That is the body must have enough energy before it will be able to exercise or else it might break down on the way.
The most basic thing one must have in mind and take along during workout section is water. Water must be taken in before and after exercising to keep the body hydrated. An alternative can also be fruit juice.
Water in essential before and after exercise because as one is exercising water is lost through sweat. And if the body is not well hydrated before and after the exercise it may even lead to dizziness. In the next part you will also get to know the exact kind of food to eat before and after exercising.
What should I eat 30 minutes before exercising?
You must take in enough fluid in other to keep the body hydrated. However, it is never advisable to eat anything heavy 30 minutes before your workout section. This is because it will make you feel lazy and even get tired faster.
Similarly, it is best to take in a piece of fruit like banana or apple along with water.
What is the best food to eat after a workout?
Pertaining to what one must take in after starting to exercise is really vital. After every workout section one might realize they have lost a lot of energy and hence have to take in something in other to gain it back.
Here are some of the food you must eat to gain the energy you have lost.
- Water: Drinking enough water after exercising helps you to feel refreshed and also re-hydrated. It is also best to include fruits juice to also provide your body with vitamin.
- Food containing carbohydrate: You end up burning a lot f carbohydrate, which is the main source of energy to the body. Therefore, getting foods that are rich in carbohydrate is very important.
- Food containing protein: Protein is very essential in the body in other to repair and grow your muscle
What foods are best to eat before a workout?
- Water: This is to keep the body hydrated and refreshed.
- Carbohydrate: Whole-grain cereals, fat-free yogurt, brown rice, fruits and vegetables can be taken before exercising.
- Avoiding saturated fats: This is because these types of foods digest slower in your stomach and take away oxygen and energy-delivering blood from your muscles. It is better to avoid them.