Tanzania is a beautiful East African nation full of natural wonders, fascinating history, and incredible wildlife. If you’re considering visiting Tanzania, here are 10 amazing facts to convince you to book your tickets:
- Home to Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa’s Tallest Peak
The iconic Mount Kilimanjaro is one of Tanzania’s most famous sites. At 5,895 meters tall, it is the tallest freestanding mountain in the world and a breathtaking destination for climbers.
- Epic Wildlife Viewing In Famous National Parks
Tanzania boasts some of Africa’s most renowned wildlife parks, including the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater. Spot the “Big 5” and the Great Migration here!
- 120+ Diverse Ethnic Groups With Swahili as the Official Language
Tanzania is home to over 120 ethnic groups, but Swahili unites most Tanzanians. This demonstrates the colorful diversity and rich heritage.
- Abundant Natural Resources Like Diamond, Gold, and Gas
Tanzania is blessed with valuable natural resources like diamond, gold deposits, and offshore natural gas reserves that contribute to its growing economy.
- Fascinating History as a German and British Colony
Tanzania’s unique history includes being colonized by Germany and Britain. It gained independence in 1961 under its first president, Julius Nyerere.
- Zanzibar’s Arabic and European Influences Mix With African Traditions
The tropical islands of Zanzibar reveal how African, Arab, and European influences have blended to create a vibrant Swahili coastal culture.
- Kilwa Kisiwani – Africa’s Medieval Trade Center
The ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani date back to the medieval period when it was a thriving Indian Ocean trade port and center of wealth.
- Birthplace of Humanity With 2 Million Year Old Settlements
Some of the world’s oldest human settlements dating back over 2 million years can be found in Tanzania, including Olduvai Gorge.
- Epic Landscapes From Kilimanjaro to the Serengeti
Tanzania’s landscapes range from Africa’s highest peak to the endless plains of the Serengeti, Lake Victoria to white sand beaches.
- Safe, Stable and Warmly Welcoming to Visitors
Tanzanians are very friendly people and the country is considered politically stable and safe to visit. The optimal time to visit is June to October.
With its natural splendors, fascinating history, and warm culture, Tanzania is an unforgettable travel destination. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your Tanzanian adventure today!