Dominican Republic of Congo wantonly wallowing in extreme leadership inefficiency which is having an adverse negative effect on their standard of living.
After six decades, one thousand and ninety-five days of securing independence from the Belgian, who were their colonial masters, the Dominican Republic of Congo haven’t been able to secure social and economic freedom they opted, for which they shed their blood and toiled to achieve.
In the midst of all their natural resources such as Gold, Cobalt and copper, Hydroelectric potential, significant arable lands, World’s second-largest rain forest, Immense biodiversity, Nickel, Silver and Bauxite the country is endowed with, the citizenry can’t boast of economic freedom, then what can they boast about?
The Dominican Republic of Congo despite their richness in natural resources are been named in the top five world’s most poorest country. In 2023, the country has been estimated to have a total population of 102,262,808 million with a Gross Domestic Product of$69.474 billion.
Meanwhile, these are the significant contributions Dominican Republic delivers to the world all year round.
- DR Congo is the world’s richest country with regards to mineral resources, it has an estimated $23 Trillion worth of mineral deposit still untapped. If properly utilized, DR Congo will be both the largest net-exporter of natural resources and net-producer of finished goods in the world.
- Congo DR is the world’s largest producer of cobalt, it accounts for nearly 60% of the world’s cobalt production. Unfortunately, it’s exported to make engines for cars, planes, ceramic and batteries for electrical appliances.
- DR Congo account for 80% of the world’s Coltan production, this is used to produce phones, laptops and accessories for top companies at the expense of child labour.
- DR Congo has a large uranium deposit. Infact, the atomic bombs for the World War 2 had her mineral resources sought from Congo DR and it produced 80% of America’s nuclear weapon.
- DR Congo has the world’s second largest diamond reserves, and is the third diamond producing country after Russia and Botswana.
- DR Congo is one of the world’s largest gold producer, it accounts for majority of the gold smuggled out of Africa through Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda to Dubai. Its artisanal gold is one of the most sought after gold.
- DR Congo is so rich that so many sources claim that one can dig out minerals with his bare hands.
- DR Congo is ranked the 80th largest oil producer producing over 4.1% of it’s oil reserve per annum.
- The Congo rainforest is home to 600 tree species and 10,000 animal species. Some of its most famous residents include forest elephant, gorillas, chimpanzees, okapi, leopards, hippos, and lions.
- DR Congo is a top wood exporting country, also the Congo basin is home to the largest mineral deposit in the world having wood, oil, diamonds, gold and coltan.
- Congo DR is a net exporter of entertainment with music being one of it’s largest export mostly in the 90s.
- Congo DR can produce 40GW of power, the most in the world.
The Dominican republic of Congo are still in double figures for inflation, it’s citizens are in pool of poverty. How long can the ailing ship sink. Dr Kwame Nkrumah once said, “The African is capable of managing it own affairs”.
Neo-colonialism and imperialism should be eliminated from the books of Africa now. Freedom for Africa means, Freedom for the past, present and future generations to ever exist in the world.