Meat pie is one of the popular snacks enjoyed in Ghana and other African countries as it’s easy to prepare and very tasty. If you love meat pie but always buy worry no more for this article will teach you how to make meat pie in Ghana at home.
Meat pie is mostly enjoyed with any drink such as fanta, Coke, Malt, Sobolo and other fruit drinks to quench hunger.
First let’s look at some of the ingredients needed in the preparation of meat pie in Ghana.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for making meat pie
Below are the Ingredients for making meat pie at home in Ghana.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Really Cold Water
- 1 Large Egg For quoting
- 1 Pound beef, chicken breast or tuna
- 1/2 Bulb Onion
- 1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning You can substitute it Adobo seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Fresh Tomato
How To Make Meat Pie In Ghana: Methods
- Add your flour, butter, salt and water together in a large bowl
- Mix and knead it until a dough forms
- Place the mixture in a freezer for 10 minutes
- Get your frying with oil and put it on a medium heat
- Pour in your meat and seasoning and allow it cook for 10 minutes
- Add your onions to meat and let it cook for another 5 minutes
- Add chopped tomato and let it simmer for 5 minutes
- After the filling is done, lightly flour a surface and roll the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut a piece of the dough into a square or circle, you can choose to make it large or small.
- Add some meat to each pie and fold in half and seal it. Use a fork to seal the edges so the meat does not fall out.
- Finally, quote the pies with your egg wash so you get that golden brown look