How to make Garden egg stew. Garden egg stew has its main ingredient to be an eggplant commonly known as a garden egg. It is a stew that is very popular in Ghana, especially among Fante and Ashante tribes. Eggplant is considered as a fruit, but in the preparation of stew, it is used as a vegetable.
Garden egg is a very good source of thiamine, dietary fiber, potassium, copper, and manganese. It also comes in different varieties and varied colors.
Health Benefits Of Garden Egg
Garden egg has a lot of health benefits and nutritional values.
- It is very rich in vitamin B, which helps in brain development and proper functioning of the immune and nervous systems.
- Promotes weight loss. It contains less carbohydrates and calories which are important for controlling weight.
- Contains antioxidants that help in protecting the human body system.
- It is also rich in folic acid, which is very beneficial to pregnant women.
- Helps in food digestion due to its high fiber content.
Ingredients For Preparation
- Garden egg
- Palm oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Salted fish (koobi)
- Turkey berry
- Smoked fish
- Cube of choice
How to make Garden egg stew
- Remove the stalk from the garden eggs and cut them into two.
- Put into a saucepan and add water. Under high heat, cook until it becomes soft.
- Blend some onion, fresh tomatoes, pepper, and turkey berries.
- Also, blend your cooked garden eggs separately and set them aside.
- Slice the remaining onions, remove the skin and bone from the smoked fish and make them into shreds.
- Cut and wash the salted fish. Put into a saucepan, add a little water, and allow to boil for 4 minutes.
- Place your cooking pot on the fire and add palm oil and the sliced onions and stir until onions become soft.
- Add your blended ingredients, stir and allow to simmer for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add the shredded smoked fish, cube, and salt to taste.
- Finally, add your blended garden eggs, stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Your stew is ready to be served and enjoyed with any dish of your choice.