Are you planning a trip to Ghana? If your answer is yes then there are some must have travel apps on your mobile phone that will make you stay and visit to Ghana or any country a memorable one.
In the past, people relied on magazines, TV, and word-of-mouth for travel inspiration. However, since the advent of social media, people have turned to their smartphone apps for travel ideas and inspiration. Here are some of the best free travel apps for iPhone and Android that will have you booking your next adventure.
The 10 Best Travel Apps Every Traveler Should Know About
Below are the best travel apps 2021 that every traveler should have on their phone
1. Visit Ghana App: If you want to visit any tourist attractions and you wondering their locations, fees charged then the visit Ghana App is the best app for you as it links you to the tourism enterprises which includes hotels, restaurants, chop bars, pubs and all entertainment places in the country.
The visit Ghana App does all the usual things you’d expect an accommodation booking app to do — searches, descriptions, filters — and looks particularly good while doing so. The full-screen interactive map makes it easy to work out whether the hotel, restaurants, tourist attraction you like is anywhere near where you want to be, while those all-important reviews are only a tap away.
The visit Ghana App is available for both iOS and Android.
2. Google Map & Ghana Post App:
It’s helps travelers find the speediest route to their destination, providing the fastest routes and step-by-step instructions on where to find the nearest bus and train stations. You’ll be able to see when the next arrivals will be at each of these locations, while real-time routing means you’ll get updates every minute. The app also has a chat feature that allows you to update friends and family on where you are in real time.
The Ghana Post App is made for Ghana and gives you detailed information of all locations
Available on iOS and Android.
3. Trip Advisor: Looking for a last minute hotel or an authentic place for dinner? The TripAdvisor app offers comprehensive hotel and restaurant listings for most African cities and larger towns. From the humblest guest house in Accra to the swankiest Cape Town restaurant, you can make your decision based on the unbiased firsthand reviews of other travelers. This is especially useful in Africa, where insider knowledge often equates to staying safe. The app’s map helps you to locate the nearest options, and also to orientate yourself when lost.
4. Social media Apps: Join thousands of people across the world to share those amazing moments and places you captured in Ghana. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and don’t forget to use hashtags like #ExploreGhana #VisitGhana #TourGhana #Ghana.Share this:
5. Uber : The uber transport network is not in all cities across the country but accessible in Accra, Kumasi and Takoradi in the western region. In my recent trip to Kumasi I used Uber price to compare other means of transport available since some people are good at taking advantage of ‘new faces’ to enrich themselves lol. Taxify is also gaining grounds, besides that, we also have the inter-city transit system locally referred to as ‘Trotro’ which is less expensive and also an opportunity for you to mingle with the ordinary Ghanaian.
6. Skyscanner: Each of my travel escapades begins with a simple Skyscanner search. This flight aggregator app allows you to search over 1,200 websites for the cheapest flight deals.
My favorite features of this app are the “Explore Everywhere” and “Best Deals by Month” options. Each allows you to find ridiculously cheap flights to pretty much anywhere in the world, as long as you’re flexible with your dates. Another cool functionality is “Your Perfect Trip”, which provides tailored recommendations for travelers (i.e. solo travel and kid-free vacations).
7. Booking.com: This app is my top choice for booking hotels. Booking.com is easy and efficient to use, which is a major plus relative to its competitors. There are other booking platforms out there, like Hotels.com, that are not as compatible for mobile use.
8. Airbnb: If you’re looking for the best accommodation deals without having to stay in a hostel, Airbnbis your best bet. This booking app connects travelers with local hosts who rent out their homes and apartments. Airbnb gives you a more local experience than typical hotels, as you’ll sometimes meet and interact with the hosts.