The merger will help members be easy to use their Ghana Card, for all transactions with the National Insurance Trust (SSNIT).
The merger is also in compliance with directives from the National Pensions Regulatory Authority
(NPRA) and Regulation 7 (1) of the National Identity Register Regulations, 20’12, L.I. 21’11 which requires the use of the Ghana Card as identification for “transactions pertaining to individuals in respect of pensions”.
All employers will be required to use only the NIA numbers of their workers to process Contribution Reports and make payments. Voluntary contributors will also have to pay their contributions using their NIA numbers.
Table of Contents
4 reasons to merge your SSNIT and NIA numbers
- You only have to carry your Ghana Card for all transactions
- Easy identification of nominated dependents
- You save money because you don’t need to pay for a SSNIT card
- It’s a legal requirement
How to Link your SSNIT and Ghana Card Number
Below, xorlali.com is sharing the Easy Steps to Merge SSNIT And National Identification Authority Numbers using the shortcode Dial *711*9#
- To merge your SSNIT and NIA numbers, Dial *711*9#
- Select option 1 (merge NIA number with SSNIT number)
- Enter your number and press send 0 Enter your email address (if the phone number you provided to SSNIT is different from the one you are using)
- Enter the NIA number (Personal ID number on your Ghana Card)
- Select option 1 to complete the merger
How to merge your SSNIT and NIA numbers using SSNIT website
Visit their official member page through this link: https://www.ssnit.org.gh/member/auth/sign-in
Members of the Scheme who provided their SSNIT numbers during the NIA registration should note that their numbers have been merged already. Such individuals may dial the short code *711*9# and select option 2 to check the status of the merger.