As of September 2021, there were 50 million passports in circulation worldwide. A passport is an official document that proves your identity and nationality when you are traveling outside your country. Before the introduction of electronic passports (ePassports), most countries relied on machine-readable or biometric passports to prove one’s identity and nationality. The ePassport has been developed to meet international standards for secure documents by incorporating security features into its design and production process, including high-resolution photos.
What is Passport Online?
Passport online is a secure and easy-to-use online passport renewal service that can help you renew your U.S. passport or replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passport fast.
The online passport application online in Ghana was launched in 2017 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the Government of Ghana — allowing interesting individuals to apply for Passport online from the comfort of their homes and get it within some couple of days or weeks depending on the type of Passport application applied for.
Requirements To Apply For The Ghana Passport Application Online 2021
These are what you need to be able to apply for the Ghana Passport Application online at ease.
First Time Applicants
- Birth Certificate(Proof of Ghanaian citizenship). You can apply for Ghana Birth Certificate online
- Documents to support Identity such as Driver’s License, National ID card
- Proof of Profession (An introductory letter from the applicant’s employer that is if the applicant is currently employed or a work ID card that bears applicant’s name, organisation’s name and position. A student ID if the applicant is currently in school. Homemakers/housewives and applicants that are unemployed and those in the non-formal sector of employment like mechanics, hairdressers seamstresses, traders etc. do not need proof. Registered Business Owners and self-employed applicants must produce their business registration certificate as proof)
Biometric Passport Renewal
- First page and bio-data page with picture and information page
- Valid Visa if applicant has any in Old Passport
- Last page
- Proof of Profession if changed
- Police Report
- Proof of Identity
- Birth Certificate
- Old damaged passport
Types Of Ghanaian Passports
Currently, there are three (3) types of Passports in Ghana and these are:
- Contemporary Ghanaian passport: Issuable to all citizens and non-citizen nationals and valid for five years from the date of issue.
- Service Ghanaian passport: issued to officials attached to government institutions who have to travel on official business
- Diplomatic Ghanaian passport: Issuable to Ghanaian diplomats accredited overseas and their eligible dependents.
Online Passport Registration Process
How can I apply for Ghana Passport online? Check out all the steps you need for an Online Passport Registration in Ghana;
- visit https://passport.mfa.gov.gh/
- Create a new user account
- Login with your Username and Password.
- Click on Start New Application.
- Make Payment for the processing fee.
- Complete all details on the form.
- Sign the Declaration Form.
- Book a date you will like to go to the Passport Application Center (PAC) for the verification of your documents and to take your biometric details (i.e. photograph and fingerprints).
- Present yourself on the appointment date at the Passport Application Center for verification of your documents and to capture biometric details.
- After your appointment, the PAC will indicate to you when your passport will be ready for collection.
- Go to the Passport Application Center (PAC) on the date indicated to you to collect your passport. The Premium PAC has the option for courier delivery.
How To Apply For US Visa In Ghana
If you want to travel outside the country, you must apply for a visa. When it comes to applying for U.S. visas, there are two main types of visas: immigrant and non-immigrant. The type of visa that you will need depends on your reason for coming to the United States. In this article, we will discuss how to apply for a non-immigrant visa in Ghana regarding the US Visa application process from start .
The US Embassy in Accra, Ghana is continuously accepting visa applications from qualified applicants. The Embassy has an online method to register for the visa application appointments which are done on a walk-in basis. The schedule for interviews at the Embassy in Accra is updated every Tuesday and Thursday.
- First pay the visa application fee online then Download the fee receipt that is processed
- Schedule your appointment online on the US embassy website
- Keep checking your email to know when your US visa application status
- Visit the US embassy in Accra on the date and time indicated in your appointment letter.
What is the cost of a visa from Ghana to the USA?
The cost of a visa varies depending on the class type. The type B, D, C-1, and F visas belonging to business, crew, transit, and student categories respectively cost one hundred sixty dollars in application fees.
The H-1B, R, and L are three of the most common visas to enter the US. The H-1B is for seasonal workers while the R is for religious workers. The L visa is for intracompany transferees. These visas require different fees that vary in USD and GHS depending on your visa type.
Check the cost of a visa from Ghana to the USA below;