If you are an international student and want to study in the United States, then you should know about the USA VISA LOTTERY. This is a lottery that is conducted by the United States Government to provide 50,000 visas every year. The applicants who get selected in this lottery can study in any accredited US college or university of their choice.
The USA VISA LOTTERY is not easy to enter and there are many steps involved before you even apply for it. If you want to know more about this process, then read on.
Benefits Of American Green Card (USA Visa)
The USA VISA Lottery is also referred to as the Green Card. There are quite a number of benefits that will follow the winners of the 2021-2022 American Visa Lottery Applicants:
- Getting a Green Card is as good as being a permanent citizen in the US. You can live in USA with free citizenship.
- You can Study with Grants and Sponsorship that are open to the US and international students
- US Green Card can guarantee your Workspace abroad
The lottery aims to diversify the US immigrant population by selecting applicants primarily from countries with low rates of immigration to the US in the previous five years. To apply for a diversity visa, follow the steps outlined in the following instructions:
Who Is Eligible for USA Visa Lottery?
The United States government has a lottery program called the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. This program allows 50,000 people to apply for a green card every year.
There are two ways to enter this lottery: you may be born in an eligible country or have a close family member who is born in an eligible country.
Eligibility for USA Visa Lottery Application
Requirement #1: Individuals born in countries whose natives qualify may be eligible to enter.
If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Are you a native of a country that does not have historically low rates of immigration to the United States, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2022 program.
Requirement #2: Each DV applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either: at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
Applicants must submit DV program entries electronically at dvlottery.state.gov between October 1st, noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4) and November 3rd, each year. This is an annual program. Make certain to submit your entry on time.
There will be no late or paper entries accepted. During each entry period, the law allows only one entry per person. To detect multiple entries, the Department of State employs sophisticated technology. If you submit more than one entry, you will be ineligible for a DV.
Read The Full Requirements and How To Apply Here.