Yes, so I’m back here again with something more interesting for you our wonderful readers. So I have seen a lot of people visit the famous Adome Bridge situated on the Volta River at Atimpoku in the Eastern region. It is always fun walking on the bridge, enjoying the beautiful view of the mountain and also the quick shake that it comes with when a heavy-duty vehicle is crossing.
Today, I want to share with you the best way to enjoy your tour to the Adome Bridge. You can also contact us at Jonat Tours to take you on that dream trip. We have a team of young people who understands the needs of every tourist.
So let’s do it;
- The food at Atimpoku: Atimpoku is a hotspot for many handy foods both cooked and uncooked. Aboloo, Shrimp, Lobster and a cool range of lite and heavy foods are available for you to enjoy before you set off.
2. Take Permission From Police: It is not mandatory but also not difficult to alert the Police officers on the both sides of the bridge about your visit for security reasons. Ghana does not even have a bad history of tourists who visited the site.
3. Take an aerial view of the Volta River: The Bridge is situated between two mountains that stretch all the way to Kpalime in Togo and at that point, the scene is beautiful. Just take in a cool breath and enjoy the scene and also the green-green on the mountain. This activity is very important because doctors have confirmed sightseeing is good for the mind and body.
4. Walk on the bridge: As i indicated in my introduction, walking on the bridge is fan; it lasts for about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the speed at which you are walking. If you can spend more than that, do not hesitate so you can be able to experience, wave and the quick vibration when vehicles are crossing.
5. Go under the bridge: From my observation, it is only the locals who know you can also go under the bridge to see the structure of metals holding the bridge up firmly. Ask your tour guide to take you under to experience the serene sound down there.
6. Take a boat or canoe ride: I have done that before, with less than 50 Ghana cedis, you can cruise on the Volta River for not less than 15 minutes. Canoe owners are also welcoming and ready to give you some facts about the bridge and the history of the akwamu land. I’m also available for assistance as a guide through our trusted travel and tour company, Jonat Tours. Just reach me via +233246106248 let’s have a blast
7. Take photos: Capture those amazing memories and share with the world on facebook, instagram, twitter with the hash tag #AdomeBrige #ExploreGhana #AtimpokuBridge #JonilarGuide
There are more I can share with you but let’s do it some other time. Please go watch the video above and don’t forget to subscribe to the channel as well