Wondering what to serve at a party or social function? Tired of buying and ordering for drinks? Worry not because all your worries are finally over. In this article, we highlight one popular drink we know solobolo drink. We shall look at how to prepare sobolo drink in Ghana.
The drink which is sweet, tasty, lovely and contains medicine is Sobolo drink. This drink is gotten from dried leaves of Hibiscus plant
Sobolo drink health benefits
The wonderful drink is not only lovely but comes with health benefits which as follows:
- It helps reduce high due to the hibiscus plant it been made from.
- Helps in reducing cholesterol levels in the body
- It helps reduce female menstrual pains by balancing our hormones.
- Helps in reducing weight control and prevents constipation.
Every good thing comes with a bad aspect so below we will highlight the negative side of sobolo drink;
- Sobolo drink is not healthy for pregnant women. This is so because the hibiscus plant lows estrogen in our system.
- Head ache is one effect some people get after taking the sobolo drink
When the leaves are well boiled separate your leaves from the juice
- In a different utensil, pour the boiled sobolo juice gotten.
- Take an amount of fresh pineapple juice or pineapple flavour together with grinded ginger and pour it into sobolo juice. Stir thoroughly.
- Add your amount of sugar to the water and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow it to cool down for at least 1 to 2 hours. After which you can serve or refrigerate
Source: Kugbey xorlali esther